Youth Volunteer Program Application
The Fernando Awards Foundation through the Youth Volunteer Program, will award Applicants a grant of $1,500 and an additional $1,500 grant to the not-for-profit organization or charity for which they volunteer.
The Applicant will produce and upload a maximum 3-minute video clip answering the three (3) questions on the bottom of this application.
The Applicant must upload a 100-word document obtained from an advisor of the charity or a person leading the volunteer activity that states why the Applicant is deserving of this grant.
Grant Application Guidelines:
- Applicant must be attending High School (grades 9-12).
- Applicant must be active in the Valley-based volunteer organization at the time of the grant.
- Applicant must have volunteered at least 5 hours per month over and beyond the mandatory volunteer hours required by the High School.
- Applicants’ primary residence must be in the greater San Fernando Valley region. The greater San Fernando Valley is geographically defined as west through Calabasas, east through Glendale, stops before Santa Clarita/Valencia in the north, and stops to the south at Mulholland Drive.
- Only grant award applications received through Fernando’s website will be considered.
- Grant application process opens on August 23, 2023.
- Grant application process closes at 12:00 noon on September 12, 2023
- Grant Recipient(s) are notified in early October 2023.
- Grant Recipient(s) receive a check for $1,500 at the Fernando Awards Foundation Gala Dinner on Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
- Grant Recipient designated charity / not-for-profit organization will receive a check for $1,500 at the Fernando Awards Foundation Gala Dinner on Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
Grant Recipient and two (2) family members (or one (1) family member and one (1) friend) will receive complimentary tickets to attend the Fernando Awards Foundation Gala Dinner on Friday, November 3rd at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles where the grant will be presented.. This event is a formal, black tie preferred event and is mandatory attendance. View last year’s Gala.
A representative of the charity / not-for-profit organization designated by the recipient will also be asked to attend the Gala Dinner with a complimentary ticket.